Quote of the Day

" At the sunset of our days on earth, at the moment of our death, we will be evaluaed according to whether or not we resemble the Child who is about to be born in the lowly cave in Bethlehem, since He is the criterion by which God measures humanity. "

Pope Benedict XVI
Advent 2007

Monday, October 02, 2006

Running the Singapore Marathon 2006

The time has come to train for the Marathon again. Having taken part in my first marathon last year, I never thought the day would come when I would sign up once again for such an inhuman race. However, I have parted with 30+ bucks to torture myself again and so it is high time I start training to minimise the pain during the race.

But seriously, the desire or need to complete this gruelling race in a shorter time compared to last year is the main motivation for doing it again. I completed it last year in a time of 5 and a half hours. Quite an achievement and unexpected for my state of fitness and preparation last year.



This year I have decided to follow a training guide posted on the internet. It is designed to allow one to complete it below 5 hours. Although it is a 21 week program, I am starting at the 8 week mark. It will be tough but I think it can be done.

So officially, I have started my marathon training. 3 Dec, here I come!

No comments: