Quote of the Day

" At the sunset of our days on earth, at the moment of our death, we will be evaluaed according to whether or not we resemble the Child who is about to be born in the lowly cave in Bethlehem, since He is the criterion by which God measures humanity. "

Pope Benedict XVI
Advent 2007

Friday, May 18, 2007

Hair for Hope 2007

I cam across this event in 2006 after it was over and I felt it was a wasted opportunity to be part of something this meaningful. So resolving not to miss it this year, I have stayed true my word and taken the step to register myself for the event.


The event consists of 2 parts, one is the chance to get a free haircut in the form of a shaven head and the fund raising portion. The shaven head, to me, is symbolic. It serves as as publicity to the entire fund raising event as well as brings the attention of the public to the plight of children cancer patients.

However, a more important effect, is to tell the kids that there are people out there who are trying to help and understand. The show of support and solidarity with them is immeasurable by this little act that is done.

So,, I ask for your to visit their website and see the work that is being done for the children. In addition, I sincerely ask that any of your who read this, to kindly support my fund raising effort for this event and pledge a little something through the online portal at this site here.

The event is on 1 July 2007 at Vivocity. To all my family and friends who will be keen to see me with a clean shaven egg head on that day, you are kindly welcomed to witness the event on the day.

No comments: