Quote of the Day

" At the sunset of our days on earth, at the moment of our death, we will be evaluaed according to whether or not we resemble the Child who is about to be born in the lowly cave in Bethlehem, since He is the criterion by which God measures humanity. "

Pope Benedict XVI
Advent 2007

Thursday, May 10, 2007

My Boat is Here!!!

Today has been a long anticipated day. The order for my kayak made almost 2-3 weeks back has finally been delivered. See here for write up on the wisper and the order.

Brimming with excitement, I went together with Fran to collect the boat. It was also the first time I was meeting the guy who brought in the kayak for me, Huey. He has a rather colourful history with regard to kayaking and is now in the business of bringing in kayaking equipment, particularly folding kayaks. Check out the website: kayakasia

Now back to the boat. The backpack in which the foldable kayak was packed into was larger than I thought it would be. The other accessories were packed into the backpack with the foam blocks and buoyancy vest in a separate box. All in all, everything as in good order except for my neoprene spray skirt which was inadvertently left out in the order. This will have to be rectified in the coming weeks.

Therefore, this is my kayaking purchase and equipment thus far, my FIRST kayak plan.

1. Feathercraft Foldable Kayak: Wisper with front and rear hatches
2. Aquabound Eagleray Full-carbon 4 piece paddle
3. Feathercraft Klatwa 2 piece Greenland paddle (spare)
4. Astral Tempo 300 Personal Flotation Device
5. Feathercraft Neoprene spray skirt
6. Feathercraft Deckbag
7. NRS Bilge pump
8. NRS universal kayak blocks

Other pieces of good news include the approval from PUB to allow foldable kayaks into the reservoirs to paddle. Although the only open reservoirs so far are MacRitchie and Marina Bay, others in the pipeline include Lower and Upper Seletar Reservoirs. Once again, Huey has made arrangement for all foldable owners to have a tag to indicate registration with an organisation.
I have chose the number tag 7 for my boat.

All I have to do now is decide on a name and then will have to christian the boat during our first trip to the water. I cannot wait....