Quote of the Day

" At the sunset of our days on earth, at the moment of our death, we will be evaluaed according to whether or not we resemble the Child who is about to be born in the lowly cave in Bethlehem, since He is the criterion by which God measures humanity. "

Pope Benedict XVI
Advent 2007

Monday, January 07, 2008

Mother Monkey

Was driving home today when I witnessed something that made me a little pensive a moody the rest of the evening.

It was along Mandai Lake road just at the junction to the colambarium. I slowed Ms Daisy, seeing that there was a monkey in the middle of the road. Due to my approach and that of a taxi, the monkey looked up, hesitated, then ran to the side of the road. There was a still something left on the road...

It was a the body of a baby monkey, probably knocked down by another vehicle earlier. In the rear view mirror, I made out the monkey bounding back onto the road where her baby laid.

Do animal really not have souls? It was behaviour too human-like to ignore...

What a day

2 comments:

matreshka said...

:`(

Natasha Yong said...

Oh my... how heart wrenching...
"All creatures big and small, the Lord God love them all..."