Quote of the Day

" At the sunset of our days on earth, at the moment of our death, we will be evaluaed according to whether or not we resemble the Child who is about to be born in the lowly cave in Bethlehem, since He is the criterion by which God measures humanity. "

Pope Benedict XVI
Advent 2007

Wednesday, January 01, 2014

LOVING LIFE - My personal motto and direction

Dear friends,
I have thought long about my course of action in support of a cause which is close to my heart; in support of the community around me

The theme which I want to share is LOVING LIFE
We believe that all life is precious. That every life is a gift that is unique and has a purpose. That every life is to be lived to the fullest.

LOVING LIFE sets out to ensure that each life is accorded the dignity and opportunity it deserves. That each life be given the basic opportunities, be it in survival, education and even just fun.

As a start, we want to ensure that no young life is lost because the pregnancy is unwanted or the mother is in crisis or no support is available once the child is born. Through the work of Sanctuary House, mothers have an avenue of support during their pregnancies and after delivery. This support can make a difference in their decision to continue with or terminate a pregnancy.

I ask you to join me as I embark on this journey, this journey of LOVING LIFE.

It begins with my fundraiser below where I sincerely ask that you pledge $1 for every metre that I am going to climb in my expedition to Nepal in April 2014. I will be climbing a total of 12,665m in an attempt to summit two mountains, Mera Peak (6,476m) and Island Peak (6,189m), therefore raising $12,655 for my cause above.

There are a few ways to make your contributions

1. The link below leads to the my donation page, where there is a green button at the lower right hand corner of the screen. Donations can be done using your credit card

2. If you wish to donate in other forms. Please contact me for arrangements.

All donations will be update on the site to reflect the fund raising effor tot date.

I thank you in advance for your generous support and if you can make this cause known to others as well.
https://www.give.sg/TeamGIVE/AdrianTanChongBeng/love-life-because-every-life-is-unique-and-precious

No comments: