Quote of the Day

" At the sunset of our days on earth, at the moment of our death, we will be evaluaed according to whether or not we resemble the Child who is about to be born in the lowly cave in Bethlehem, since He is the criterion by which God measures humanity. "

Pope Benedict XVI
Advent 2007

Monday, January 27, 2014

Review - Injinji Performance 2.0 Run Toe Socks

I have been hearing some good things about Injinji toe socks. The reviews I heard were for the socks used as a liner beneath thick expedition weight mountaineering socks. So I headed out and got me a pair of toe socks to use a liners for my upcoming expedition in the Himalayas. I also got attracted to trying a pair as my regular running and training socks.

So here is a quick review of the socks

I got the Performance 2.0 RUN socks, which is the newer line in their product range. I got the socks in mini crew length. The material was 55% COOLMAX polyester, 40% nylon and 5% LYCRA fibre.

I got these in original weight rather than the lightweight ultra-thin ones. I really didn't need to squeeze the socks into fitting shoes like the Vibram five fingers and I thought the ultra-thin ones were more prone to wear and tear.

These were selling online for USD 12 and I got these after a 15% discount at SGD 16, so I didn't pay that much more for the socks.

It takes just a fraction more time to align your toes properly with the toe pockets before pulling the socks up. However, once properly fitted, it was a new sensation feeling material between my toes. However, this was the mechanism by with material will be wicking away moisture and preventing friction between the toes which might cause blisters.

I got mine is size S which was US range 5-7.5. The socks wore true to size so if you are getting a pair, just follow the size recommendations on the label.

Watch out for my upcoming review of the Injinji Performance liner

No comments: