Quote of the Day

" At the sunset of our days on earth, at the moment of our death, we will be evaluaed according to whether or not we resemble the Child who is about to be born in the lowly cave in Bethlehem, since He is the criterion by which God measures humanity. "

Pope Benedict XVI
Advent 2007

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

D200 and other paraphenalia

I once mentioned to a friend that changes to my photographic equipment occurs in shifts, not drifts, The last 2 weeks saw one of these shifts.


30 July 06

I have been think about this for a long time. I have had my D70 for quite some time now. It has followed me to most of my overseas trips. I love the camera but felt the need to further upgrade my basic piece of equipment. The launch of the D200 earlier in the year bridged the final gap between the amateur digital SLRs and the pro range of digital SLRS produced by Nikon.

After much heartache and mental calculations, i decided to bite the bullet and take the final step in upgrading my camera body.
Even at the shop, I hesitated a couple of times during the decision making, almost turning back just before forking out the cash.
Final gear bought:

1. D200 body
2. MB-D200 Multi-Power Battery Pack



The battery pack is so cool. Makes the camera approximate the look of the professionals as well as adding a vertical grip to the camera. This allows you to take vertical shots without contorting your hands and face in the process.




6 August 06

This weekend was the 2nd step in the evolution process that commenced the previous week. A light weight quality tripod capable of enduring the rigours of my travels has always been on my wishlist. After much deliberation, again, I finally settled on the following

Tripod: Manfrotto 055MF4 ( with a magfibre construction and carbon centre post)
Ballhead: Kang Rinpoche Ballhead

All in all, it was an extremely satisfying fortnight having made the necessary improvements to further develop my interest in photography. Heavy on the pocket but in my opinion, worth every single cent.

No comments: