Quote of the Day

" At the sunset of our days on earth, at the moment of our death, we will be evaluaed according to whether or not we resemble the Child who is about to be born in the lowly cave in Bethlehem, since He is the criterion by which God measures humanity. "

Pope Benedict XVI
Advent 2007

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Dinner tonight

I had a nice home cooked meal tonight. The spread was good and the smell coming from the kitchen after my run was enough to make my stomach rumble in anticipation.

Soup:
Cream of Mushroom

Main:
Grilled Ribeye Steak

Sides:
Baked potato
Steamed corn with butter
Steamed carrot
Sauteed mushroom

and topped of with COKE!!!

The steak was tender and just rightly medium rare... the baked potato was nice with the bacon bits and sour cream but the one that really takes the cake was the steamed carrots. Amazingly soft and sweet, just the way I like it.

My fascination with soft carrots started when I first tasted carrots in New Zealand. We signed up for a traditional Hangi during our stay in Rotorua. A Hangi is the traditional meal of the Maori with food cooked in the traditional style of shoving food in a hole in the ground heated by hot coals.

Now I have a Singaporean version... Thanks Fran

No comments: